Metaltråden!

Mark

Editz: Jobbigt att emos och fjortisar är i sånt stort antal.. :doh:

Bättre, men du låter väl inte folkgrupperna välja vad du inte får lyssna på? De mesta jag lyssnar på har gubbstämpel i min nuvarande (snart föredetta :doh:) krets men inte bryr man sig om det?

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Bättre, men du låter väl inte folkgrupperna välja vad du inte får lyssna på? De mesta jag lyssnar på har gubbstämpel i min nuvarande (snart föredetta :doh:) krets men inte bryr man sig om det?

Till viss del gör jag nog det, Men så extremt som vissa slutar lyssna på ett band om tex EN person börjar lyssna på dem :doh:

Men bandet brukar strya sig åt prubliken. Tex inflames nya platta den va ju bara skit, mer så menar jag.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Jag är inte direkt ett Slipknot fan, men jag har ett par favoritlåtar såsom Before I Forget, Vermilion pt.1 & pt.2 och såklart deras nya singel Psychosocial

Dock sitter jag inte och lyssnar på Slipknot hela tiden, någon gång då och då.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Bah, fjortissnacket om Slipknot spelar inte så stor roll för mig. Jag vet varför jag lyssnar på dom och jag påverkas inte av hur andra ser på bandet. Har i princip växt upp med att lyssna på dom och även fast jag inte har lyssnat på dom på väldigt länge så tänker jag både köpa deras nya skiva och gå på konserten eftersom att jag missade den senaste konserten dom hade i Sverige pga sjukdom.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Bah, fjortissnacket om Slipknot spelar inte så stor roll för mig. Jag vet varför jag lyssnar på dom och jag påverkas inte av hur andra ser på bandet. Har i princip växt upp med att lyssna på dom och även fast jag inte har lyssnat på dom på väldigt länge så tänker jag både köpa deras nya skiva och gå på konserten eftersom att jag missade den senaste konserten dom hade i Sverige pga sjukdom.

vi ses där då? :doh:

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Här är lite recensioner som jag skrivit på engelska för ett framtida hemside-projekt av några av mina NWOBHM*-CDs. Observera att jag inte recenserat alla skivorna jag har med banden utan bara de som var speciellt viktiga för scenen.

*NWOBHM (New Wave of British Heavy Metal) var "den nya" hårdrocken som tog soundet från klassiska metal-band såsom UFO, Thin Lizzy och Black Sabbath och blandade det med speeden och råheten från punken som enligt vissa hade "mördat heavy metal". Den hade sitt fäste främst i England under slutet av 70- och början av 80-talet men även utländska band såsom Riot (USA), Anvil (Kanada) och Pretty Maids (Danmark) hade det nya soundet.

ravenmet1big_1027739_0.jpg

Raven och Metallica.

Scenen är dessutom en av de mest inflytelserika på subgenrér såsom thrash, speed och death metal. Metallica till exempel har gett full creds till band såsom Tank, Venom och Diamond Head, Pantera till band som Saxon och Kreator praisar Raven som thrashens och speedens gudfadrar.

DEF LEPPARD

Def Leppard was formed in Sheffield in 1977. Their first two albums was two of the finest in the NWOBHM swarm and the success was probably to big for the band that is now known as one of the biggest pop metal acts.

On Through the Night (1980)

1. Rock Brigade

2. Hello America

3. Sorrow Is a Woman

4. It Could Be You

5. Satellite

6. When the Walls Came Tumbling Down

7. Wasted

8. Rocks Off

9. It Don't Matter

10. Answer to the Master

11. Overture

Def Leppard's first is a really good NWOBHM record. The sound aggressive and heavy and doesn't not sound like the more well known Def Leppard at all. Wasted is a raw and solid NWOBHM track and my favourite on this album, another really good one is the more melodic When the Walls Came Tumbling Down. The only song on this album that sounds like later pop-Leppard is Hello America which is rather catchy and have a more commercial sound. The producer on this album was no else than legendary Black Sabbath and Judas Priest producer Tom Allom.

IRON MAIDEN

Iron Maiden was founded in London in 1975 by now legendary bassist Steve Harris. They did many shows at different pubs and clubs in the London area but after picking up ex punk rocker Paul Di'Anno they realesed their first studio album in 1980. They were one of hundreds of bands in the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, and a hell of a good one.

Killers (1981)

1. The Ides of March

2. Wrathchild

3. Murders in the Rue Morgue

4. Another Life

5. Genghis Khan

6. Innocent Exile

7. Killers

8. Prodigal Son

9. Purgatory

10. Twilight Zone

11. Drifter

This is the second and last studio album featuring the outstanding vocalist Paul Di'Anno. In my opinion, this is the one of Iron Maiden's greatest effort and a real NWOBHM classic. They mixes the speed of punk rock with the heaviness of metal and voila, here is the result. I also think they ove a lot to legendary heavy metal producer Martin Birch. Wrathchild, Murders in the Rue Morgue and Purgatory are all favourites for me, especally Wrathchild in which Steve Harris does a really cool bass intro. My CD is from the remasters series, featuring all songs from the U.K. and American pressings.

JUDAS PRIEST

Judas Priest was formed in Birmingham in 1970 and is one of the first "real" heavy metal band with dual guitar attacks and a fast and aggressive sound, and also one of the first NWOBHM acts. The classic members are the legends Rob Halford on vocals, Ian Hill on bass and Glenn Tipton and K.K. Downing on guitars. To me and thousands of fans and critics, this band is the greatest heavy metal band of all times.

British Steel (1980)

1. Rapid Fire

2. Metal Gods

3. Breaking the Law

4. Grinder

5. United

6. You Don't Have to Be Old to Be Wise

7. Living After Midnight

8. The Rage

9. Steeler

10. Red, White & Blue

11. Grinder (live)

This is a killer NWOBHM album and one of the most influental heavy metal records of all times. Breaking the Law and Living After Midnight are two of Judas Priest's signature songs and really great ones. Other classic songs I really like on this one are Metal Gods and United. The bonus track Red, White & Blue is awesome to. The other bonus track on this remastered CD edition is a live version of Grinder.

Screaming for Vengeance (1982)

1. The Hellion

2. Electric Eye

3. Riding on the Wind

4. Bloodstone

5. (Take These) Chains

6. Pain and Pleasure

7. Screaming for Vengeance

8. You've Got Another Thing Comin'

9. Fever

10. Devil's Child

11. Prisoner of Your Eyes

12. Devil's Child (live)

To me, this is one of the greatest album of all times, both as a NWOBHM and a classic heavy metal record. Every song on this is simply great but special favourites include Electric Eye, Bloodstone, the title track, the heavy metal signature You've Got Another Thing Comin' and Devil's Child. (Take These) Chains, Fever and the bonus song Prisoner of Your Eyes are tree killer ballads. This is pure great heavy metal and NWOBHM to the end and a milestone in many ways. The two last tracks are bonuses on the remastered CD.

MOTÖRHEAD

Motörhead was formed in London in 1975 and as one of the first and moste important NWOBHM acts. They first played under the name Bastard but later changed to their present name due to their producer's advice. Their classic line-up included the madmen Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister (ex-Hawkwind basist), guitarist "Fast" Eddie Clarke and drummer Phil "Philty Animal" Taylor.

Bomber (1979)

1. Dead Men Tell No Tales

2. Lawman

3. Sweet Revenge

4. Sharpshooter

5. Poison

6. Stone Dead Forever

7. All the Aces

8. Step Down

9. Talking Head

10. Bomber

11. Over the Top

12. Leaving Here (live)

13. Stone Dead Forever (live)

14. Dead Men Tell No Tales (live)

15. Too Late Too Late (live)

Bomber continued were Motörhead's last album Overkill ended. That means that also this one is 100% raw heavy metal without any tries from the guys to be commercial succesfull. I actually can't pick out any bad song, the title track is a great classic, other greats songs are Dead Men Tell No Tales, Poison and Step Down on which "Fast" Eddie Clarke does the vocals. A classic album and a true NWOBHM platter. The last 5 songs are bonuses on the remastered CD-version, the great Over the Top was the B-side of the Bomber single and the other ones are from the Bomber tour.

RAVEN

Raven was formed in Newcastle in 1975 and is together with Venom one of the biggest NWOBHM influences on modern thrash and speed metal. First the were a support band and opener for many famous punk acts such as The Motors and The Stranglers. The classic line-up were the Gallagher brothers, John on vocals and bass and Mark on guitar together with the drummer Rob "Wacko" Hunter. The later pop and glam metal that ruled the 80's also owe a lot to these guys as they often weared make-up and "poser" clothes, they actually refered themselves as "athletic rock". One of my favourite bands in fact.

Rock Until You Drop (1981)

1. Hard Ride

2. Hell Patrol

3. Don't Need Your Money

4. Over the Top

5. 39-40

6. For the Future

7. Rock Until You Drop

8. Nobody's Hero

9. Hellraiser/Action

10. Lambs to the Slaughter

11. Tyrant of the Airwaves

12. Wiped Out

13. Crazy World

14. Inquisitor

This is a real heavy and early full speed metal album. Everything is recordes live in the studio and John Gallagher has one of the most raw heavy metal vocal skills. Excellent lyrics about personal struggles (Hell Patrol etc) and war (Nobody's Hero etc) together with exploding musical talents from all in the trio make this to one of the greatest debut albums for a heavy metal band ever. This album also includes killer versions of the Sweet songs Hellraiser and Action. 39-40 is a cool-down instrumental pause in the speed inferno. Raven is a milestone in speed metal and this albums marks it all. I own the remastered CD edition and the three last songs are bonuses from various B-sides. It also contains band member biography and song lyrics.

Wiped Out (1982)

1. Faster Than the Speed of Light

2. Bring the Hammer Down

3. Fire Power

4. Read All About It

5. To the Limit - To the Top

6. Battle Zone

7. Live at the Inferno

8. Star War

9. UXB

10. 20/21

11. Hold Back the Fire

12. Chain Saw

13. Crash Bang Wallop

14. Run Them Down

15. Rock Hard

Another excellent speed metal album from the gods of the genré. Live at the Inferno is one of my favourite songs and a real killer track with over the top speed. To the Limit - To the Top is also a great and real heavy track with a melodic touch. 20/21 is a smooth instrumental pause in the veins of 39-40 from their first album. This one is also from the remasters and the last tracks is bonuses.

SAXON

Saxon was formed in Barnsley in 1976 first under the name Son of a Bitch. Their first album Saxon from 1979 was kind of a party hard rocker in the veins of AC/DC but with their second album Wheels of Steel, they showed what really NWOBHM was about.

Wheels of Steel (1980)

1. Motorcycle Man

2. Stand Up and Be Counted

3. 747 (Strangers in the Night)

4. Wheels of Steel

5. Freeway Mad

6. See the Light Shining

7. Street Fighting Gang

8. Suzie Hold On

9. Machine Gun

This is NWOBHM at its finest. Every track is killer metal except Suzie Hold On which is a nice ballad. The awesome title track and the the maybe even more awesome 747 (Strangers in the Night) are both regarded as classics nowaday and I really understand that. Street Fighting Gang is in my opinion a very underrated raw speed metal track. Biff Byford has one of the coolest heavy metal voices and Saxon was with their first albums big influences for later speed and power metal bands.

TYGERS OF PAN TANG

Tygers of Pan Tang were formed in Whitley Bay in 1978 and their first album Wild Cat had really much punk in it, maybe thanks to Jess Cox' lack of singing qualities. But after changing the singer to Jon Deverill and taking in now legendary guitarist John Sykes in the line-up, they went more melodic and closer to the NWOBHM sound.

Spellbound (1981)

1. Gangland

2. Take It

3. Minotaur

4. Hellbound

5. Mirror

6. Silver and Gold

7. Tyger Bay

8. The Story So Far

9. Blackjack

10. Don't Stop By

11. All or Nothing

12. Don't Give a Damn

13. Bad Times

14. It Ain't Easy

15. Don't Take Nothing

This one is actually one of my all time favourites. Melodic vocals from Jon Deverill and killer guitar skills from John Sykes make this album to an ultimate NWOBHM record. From raw metal tracks like Gangland, Hellbound and Tyger Bay to killer ballads like Mirror, Don't Stop By and It Ain't Easy. It's melodic and good produced without getting that AOR sound. I think they took much inspiration both from metal bands like Scorpions and Judas Priest and more melodic ones like Blue Öyster Cult and April Wine. I own the remastered CD edition and the last four songs is bonus tracks from various single B-sides. I say it again, the record is great and one of the albums that spins the most on my stereo.

Redigerad av Gasoline Kiss
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Eftersom folk verkar ha en liten twistad/fel/brist på fakta-syn på vad HEAVY METAL är så gör jag en ny post, HEAVY METAL är ett engelskt begrepp för att beteckna fortsättningen på bluesen och rocken. Led Zeppelin kan ses som den felande länken. Ingredienserna var långt hår, fulhet, ilska, distade gitarrer och hög bas. Black Sabbath, Grand Funk Railroad, Deep Purple och Blue Cheer är några pionjärer inom genrén som i sin tur har fått multum med subgenrér. Beteckningen HEAVY METAL användes för första gången i musiksammanhang i Steppenwolfs "Born to Be Wild". Svenskarna översatte termen med HÅRDROCK. Så att metal skulle vara någon genré som innebar en massa skrikande och helvetes dånande är... alldeles rätt. Så tyckte man om Led Zeppelin i slutet på 60- och början av 70-talet och så tycker man om Lamb of God nu.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor