Ny info från Games Master (9/2)

Jacker

http://www.gtagaming.com/

The latest magazine to publish a preview of Grand Theft Auto IV is Games Master, a member of the Future Publishing group which has already shared other previews through CVG and Games Radar. New information:

• You can push pedestrians out of the way using the B button (X360). This may help to cut through heavy crowds.
  • Dialling 911 from your cell phone offers the ability to send a police car to your location.
  • Police are more intelligent and less trigger happy - they won't open fire unless you've committed a serious offence, although running from them will make them let rip instantly.
  • Cars no longer explode if they are flipped over.
  • Grenades can now be thrown from cars.
  • Combat is much improved and includes a block button.
  • Holding the right trigger and then pressing Y, X or B results in different melee attacks on enemies.
  • The cover system will be familiar to those who have played Gears of War - it allows movement between hidden areas with button presses as well as blind fire.
  • A form of body roll in cars has been implemented using the physics engine in the game, meaning that taking a tight corner will result in the car's chassis reacting realistically.
  • Streets names in the game are devised from various sources of inspiration, including celebrities. Expect to see Jim Jones Street and Hubbard Avenue among many others.
  • Characters' breath will be rendered when it is cold in Liberty City.
  • The Mafia, Jamaicans, Triads and Irish are some of the gangs in the game.
  • On some bridges you'll be required to pay tolls - just like in New York.
  • Spinners (wheels rims which rotate even when the car is stationery) have been implemented after countless PC mods and requests from the community.
  • Niko is tech savvy - he's got an E-Mail account which you can access by visiting any Tw@ internet café and he'll also take advantage of RSS feeds. Hey, we've even got one here on GTAGaming!
  • You can hear the stereos of other cars while in the city.
  • Radio news reports will reflect your progress in the game, often speaking of missions you've completed.
  • Running a pedestrian over will result in blood splattering over the bumper of the car and the windshield.

The magazine also claims that "both consoles will get additional downloadable content but the 360 GTA IV will have two exclusive missions". When editors saw the game, they were told that the PS3 version was around a week behind the Xbox 360 in terms of development progress.

Scans which formed the basis of this article thanks to cmacca4

UPDATE! Mer info har kommit från artikeln!

* Driving is still fun, but more realistic now. Model differences are more noticeable as the fastest cars and bikes are hardest to control, and handbraking for perfect corners won't work as well as in previous GTAs.

* When your tires are shot you will hear the rubber slapping the rim in addition to decreased handling.

* Niko can lose health as the vehicle takes more damage, but at least it won't explode if it flips over now.

* Niko can lock onto cars while driving, making it a breeze to drop a grenade behind or to shoot up the pursuer.

* Holding the LT button will lock onto a target with a reticle aimed at the mid-section, and then you can choose for a head, hand, knee, or groin shot much like in Crackdown.

* Assassin's Creed style movement through crowds by pressing B.

* When restarting a mission you will stay entertained with "two or three sets of into dialogue" per mission.

Redigerad av Jacker
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

öhh, vad ska man säga? Nej, inget, jag citerar Jazz istället:

Finns väl inget att skriva direkt, men man får ju utrycka sin hypning i form av smileys i stället.

:):(:(:)

Men följande punkter gillar jag verkligen:

• Cars no longer explode if they are flipped over.
  • Running a pedestrian over will result in blood splattering over the bumper of the car and the windshield.

• On some bridges you'll be required to pay tolls - just like in New York.
      Ni kan ju att gissa vad jag tänker göra när jag kommer till en tull då... :doh:
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Ni kan ju att gissa vad jag tänker göra när jag kommer till en tull då... :)

:doh:

Fy fan vad jag längtar nu! Låter som det mest verklighetstrogna spelet jag någonsin har kört! Kan inte Rockstar chocka hela världen och releasa spelet imorgon utan förvarning? Gissa vem som skulle infinna sig på Game i Vällingby innom 5 röda?

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Det mästa låter riktigt bra. :confused: Fast att bilarna ska bli mer verklighetstrogna med styrning (eller svårigheten att styra) låter inte kul. Det sista jag vill är att det ska bli som PGR och andra racing spel som jag inte verkligen inte tål dess styrsystem.

Kommer det nu vara som i Vice City Stories fast värre så blir jag lite orolig.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Det mästa låter riktigt bra. :confused: Fast att bilarna ska bli mer verklighetstrogna med styrning (eller svårigheten att styra) låter inte kul. Det sista jag vill är att det ska bli som PGR och andra racing spel som jag inte verkligen inte tål dess styrsystem.

Kommer det nu vara som i Vice City Stories fast värre så blir jag lite orolig.

Jag tror majoriteten av alla gtaspelare vill ha förbättrad bilfysik och styrning.

Tycker själv det låter bra. Bilfysiken i tidigare serier är väldigt dålig..men styrningen är rätt så O.K. Det spel som jag gillar mest är Driv3r då det kommer till att köra olika fordon. Det enda som är dåligt med bilfysiken är att bilarna är för lätta, annars är det najs. Driver PL har också väldigt bra bilfysik. Kommer det vara som i VCS ens litet nära som i VCS blir jag orolig..

Edit: Låter bra att man kan bli skadad om man krockar. Detta spel, var som jag trodde, mer seriösare än tidigare serier. Eller det verkar i allafall så. Possitivt som fan. Var extremt nice i The Getaway då bilen kunde sluta fungera om man krockade för mycket. Kommer även ihåg att om man krockade i för höga farter så skadades man rejält, och Mark haltade sedan. Behöver man oroa sig att Rockstar censurerar spelet för mycket, med lite blod etc? Hoppas skotthål dyker upp människor som man skjuter.

Redigerad av Cyprez
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Behöver man oroa sig att Rockstar censurerar spelet för mycket, med lite blod etc? Hoppas skotthål dyker upp människor som man skjuter.

De kommer förmodligen att vara tvungna att "censurera" så pass mycket att spelet får en M-rating; annars vägrar ju de stora kedjorna i USA att sälja spelet.

Redigerad av Umberto
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor