The Hunter

SilentViper

Avalanche Studios är utvecklaren som ligger bakom detta gratis MMO spel de har även gjort Just Cause. The hunter är mer som Deer hunter fast nu ska man kunna jaga björnar med och även lite andra djur. Det var först bekräftat att både Europa och Amerika skulle kunna få spela detta spel. Men sen gick det ut igen att bara Amerika skulle få tillgång till spelet men kort där efter så gick de ut med att det var spelbart för alla.

Ibörjan nu när spelet släpps så kommer miljöer, vapen och djur vara anpassad för amerikanerna. Men spelet kommer uppdateras så jaktmarker så man kan jaga från övriga världen bland där kommer Sverige vara tillgänglig att jaga i med. Just nu finns det bara en exklusiv beta ute som bara vissa har tillgång dock så finns det ingen realease datum än för själva spelet. Spelet kommer än så länge bara till PC. Ganska vacker grafik och miljöer för att vara ett jägar spel ser mycke fram imot att få testa detta spel. Lite bilder från spelet

Finns fler bilder här att kolla The Hunter bilder

Här finns det även en FAQ på engelska att läsa tagen från deras sida

What weapons will be in The Hunter (will there be bows, muzzle loading rifles, pistols and spears?)

The Hunter is an evolving online experience, and as such new weapons (and animals, environments etc...) will be added all of the time. At launch, the Evergreen Hunting Reserve firearms season will open, with appropriate weaponry options.

Will I be able to customize my equipment (will I be able to have different straps for my rifle, dif-ferent barrels or triggers, can I make my stuff unique to me?

The Hunter is an evolving online experience... oh I already said that ^_^ Customization is a key in-gredient of the experience! And again the options will increase a lot over time.

What kind of weather can I expect will there be real seasons?

Seasons being so important for hunting, we've chosen to focus on pre-rut initially. Weather can change quite a bit though within that season though, and we think you'll love the way that all looks and feels.

Will there be a proper night and day cycle and will I be restricted on when I can hunt (Will I be able to set the time of day or will I have to wait for time in The Hunter to cycle through, will I only be allowed to hunt in daylight or at set times?

No night hunting yet, as the Evergreen Hunting Reserve closes after dark, but otherwise you'll be able to set the time you go hunting.

How big is the Evergreen Hunting Reserve how big is the area I will be able to hunt in?

this should be covered in the dev blog, so I'll leave this one for now

Will scent be realistic in The Hunter (if I'm up in a stand will I be as detectable as on the ground)?

Each animal has highly realistic scent detection, based on prevailing conditions and the animals' particular senses.

How much of The Hunter environment will I be able to interact with (can I go into stands and cab-ins, will I have to move logs around?

No need to move logs, but there will be plenty of other things to interact with.

Will I be able to carry more than one weapon?

Yes, there will be a variety of weapons and equipment available in The Hunter, and when you go out hunting you will be able to pack a primary and secondary weapon.

Will The Hunter be a multiplayer game?

This is another of those yes & no answers. The Hunter is not just a 3D client, but also an integrated social space which will allow you to interact with other players, and you will find missions that require you and a friend to compete or work together on a certain set of tasks both in the 3D and social aspects of the simulation. The hunts themselves will be single player instances, with the emphasis on realism. We would like your opinions, once you have played The Hunter for a while, about multiplayer instances where you can go and hunt with friends, but our thoughts are very much that any multiplayer instances should also be realistic and therefore co-operative; there will be plenty of game to shoot in The Hunter.

Will the animals be intelligent?

It's about hunting. One of the key skills to hunting is knowing your prey, so there has been a serious focus on trying to make the animals in The Hunter behave as they would naturally.

Will I be able to craft and trade items in The Hunter?

Although not initially, we would like to include this option moving forward. Tell us what you like to see!

It says free to play but then you talk about membership, how's that meant to work?

It's free to play! The free to play experience will be awesome - with your help of course. You will also be able to buy in-game items - better rifles and clothing for instance - and if you find that you do that a lot you might decide to get an even better deal by becoming a member (paying a subscription). It's up to you!

Is the hunter client or browser based?

The hunting will take place in a state-of-the-art 3D client which you will download and install on to your PC. Emote's new Participate technology is an integrated part of the game too, though, and this utilizes a web based social networking type interface, allowing you to shop, trade, upload videos and images as well as make new friends, not just with other players but also characters from The Hunter.

Will The Hunter be a free roaming world with a lobby system if I just want to chat?

If you want to hang out and just chat with friends, swap stories, pictures and videos then The Hunter social space will be the place for you. If you're more at home in the woods then the Evergreen Hunting reserve will be the place for you, but obviously we're expecting that players will enjoy doing both!

What Animals will I be able to hunt?

In the first release you will be able to hunt four animal types including Whitetailed Deer. We'll be announcing what the others are very soon. Beyond the first release there will be regular updates, meaning that you'll come across an ever increasing selection of animals. Tell us what you'd most like to see!

How will the game be scored?

To an extent, this is up to you. What is important for you as a player; successful 'missions', better equipment or skills, trophy bucks? For the purist we will be including one or more of the major real-life scoring systems; watch out for future announcements.

How do I become a beta tester?

You have to register your interest. We'll contact you and you may need to answer a few more questions, like the spec of your PC, gaming/hunting interests...

When will I hear if I've been successful?

If you haven't been selected so far, don't worry, we'll be inviting lots more people each week.

What specification does my PC have to be to run The Hunter?

At the moment we need your PC to have specific hardware and software in order to test effectively. Once we are nearer to general launch however the code will be able to support a range of performances, and scale detail levels (for instance) to suit your machine. We'll publish the minimum spec once we are set.

How does The Hunter work? What does the social space do and how does it relate to the game?

Think of it as a hunting simulation with an integrated social space; go hunting, share images, messages and tips with your friends, see how you compare on the leaderboard against your friends or people how live near you, meet non-player characters to interact with and get equipment, tips or missions from... To a large extent it's really your game, your space – use it as you will!

Will I be able to chat to my friends in The Hunter while hunting in game?

Eventually you will be able to do this in-game, but meantime our current testers are using third-party solutions which seem to work pretty well.

Will The Hunter be multiplayer?

You will initially hunt alone, but be part of a massively multiplayer social world. We want to get the single instance hunting just right first before we tackle multiplayer hunting. Fair enough, right?

When will the Beta start?

We have started 'ajar beta' where most testing is still in-house, with a few experts from the community testing the game. A more open beta will start when it's ready, but we are inviting new players all the time.

Can I buy new inventory in game? And how much will they cost?

You will be able to buy, win, earn and be gifted new items for your inventory from non-player characters, but this is just being tested internally now so more details as we have it.

What will I be able to hunt?

We have announced Whitetail Deer, and you may have spotted a few clues as to the second animal around the site... We'll be adding more and more content over time, so watch this space for further details – and let us know if there's something you'd really like to see in the game!

What specification does my PC have to be to run The Hunter?

The minimum system specifications that The Hunter has been tested to at this time are:

Pentium 4 (3 Ghz)

1 GB RAM

256 MB Graphics Card

Video Cards that The Hunter presently supports are:

Nvidia:

* 7 Series (from 7600 and above)

* 8 Series

* 9 Series

ATI:

* X1800 (and above)

* HD 2000 series

* HD 3000 series

* HD 4000 series

It should be stressed that this is the specification The Hunter has been tested to.

These specifications may well change in the future as testing continues and when The Hunter is released you will be able to adjust your settings.

Deras hemsida The Hunter

Redigerad av Agent.47
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• Inlägg 116
  • Ålder
  • Senaste inlägg

Toppbidragare

Nej det står inge om relase det är bara en beta en så länge.

Och den är lagom kul! Jag har ingen aning om man ska få träffa andra Hunters på ön (väldigt liten, större låses upp vid release) för hittils har jag inte sett någon. ^_^

Dessutom har jag bara sett fjärilar och fåglar. Har ju klart stressat fram, men det finns jakttorn och enligt kartan lite tält utplacerade här och där som jag dock inte utforskat.

Grafiken är ursnygg på de flesta ställena. Ibland kan den kännas lite tveksam men överlag fin ^_^

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Bahh!

Tänk om militär/krigarspel skulle vara lika väldetaljerade i skogen?

Tänk dig en oändlig tystnad, förutom kvistarna som bryts under din kängor när du och din välmaskerade kamrat går längs med kanten på den igenväxta grusvägen. Efter några timmars marcherande börjar ni höra oljud, vad kan det vara?

Larvbanden på den 60 tons tunga Leopard 2an pressar bort det mesta i ogräsväg som finns på den lilla grusvägen, medan den far fram i 55KM/h. V12an på 1500HK behöver inte jobba för att ta sig över de diverse insektsbeboda hinder som lagt sig på vägen för att sakta men säkert ruttna.

Vem vill spela?

*Räcker upp båda händerna*

Btw, vart finns det att tanka? Såg det inte under downloads på deras hemsida.

Redigerad av FoxtroT
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Bahh!

Tänk dig en oändlig tystnad, förutom kvistarna som bryts under din kängor när du och din välmaskerade kamrat går längs med kanten på den igenväxta grusvägen. Efter några timmars marcherande börjar ni höra oljud, vad kan det vara?

Larvbanden på den 60 tons tunga Leopard 2an pressar bort det mesta i ogräsväg som finns på den lilla grusvägen, medan den far fram i 55KM/h. V12an på 1500HK behöver inte jobba för att ta sig över de diverse insektsbeboda hinder som lagt sig på vägen för att sakta men säkert ruttna.

Vem vill spela?

Om Operation Flashpoint 2 levererar som det ska så kan det hända något liknande, Arma 2 kanske likaså men tvivlar på detaljeringen.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Bahh!

Vem vill spela?

Btw, vart finns det att tanka? Såg det inte under downloads på deras hemsida.

Bah! Make love, not war!

Började spela Deer Hunter 2005 igen häromdan. Kommer nog pröva på detta när det släpps!

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Vafan ^_^

Det såg ju riktigt fränt ut ju!

Så man får inte nått mail om det om man reggar sig nu?

Man kan dock fortfarande regga sig till betan just som Adrian_G har fått är bara en exklusiv beta som bara några kan få.. Tror de kommer snart släppa den riktiga betan om nån vecka eller månad typ. Bara hålla koll på deras hemsida ^_^

EDIT: Fick lite vibbar om det du sa FoxtroT.

Redigerad av Agent.47
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 2 weeks later...

Så nu fick man en VIP code till The hunter :w000t:

Älskar verkligen spelet speciellt när man är ute i skogen när man går så kan man höra hur kvistarna bryts under skorna. Sen höra hur fåglarna sjunger i skogen otroligt mysigt spel dock så tar det tid att hitta djuren. Man får leta upp spår från dom som gör spelet ännu roligare. Ska fortsätta mer imorn och kanske kommer lite screens då.

NOTIS! För er som har reggat er kolla eran inkorg för en VIP code.

"We Are Open!

Tuesday, 27th January 2009

The gates to the Evergreen Hunting Reserve are now open to invited guests! Are you registered? If so, you could be receiving your exclusive invite any day now. Not registered? Register today for your chance to play The Hunter"

Så under dessa dagar så kan ni få ett mail från dom så ni kan spela i 7 dagar.

Redigerad av Agent.47
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor