Scarface: The World Is Yours

Renard

• Inlägg 432
  • Ålder
  • Senaste inlägg

Toppbidragare

Filmen är bra. Den har ett fint, moraliskt budskap. Ett moraliskt budskap, som utan tvekan ligger vänster till, trots att storskurken Montana menar att han föredrar kommunistmuppar bland sina frukostflingor än i [odemokratiska] parlament.

Spelet bjuder antagligen bara på hjärtlösa dråp, vulgära ord och sex - likt en annan 50-cent kommer Tony-man att tillfredställa er, o ni omdömeslösa gossar.

Filmen är bra.

Spelet blir medelmåttigt. Det blir ett smaklöst hopplock av det klassiska i spelsammanhang. Visst, det går ofta att äta upp. Ibland är det till och med utomordentligt välsmakande (GTA är ett exempel på det).

Dock.

Skillnaden med det här spelet är att det skymfar sin förebild, Brian De Palmas mästerfilm. Gudfadern-spelet är en skam för filmerna det bygger på. Scarface-spelet kommer att trampa i samma spår.

Men, jag blir glad om jag har fel…

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 2 weeks later...

Jag har nu lite ny info ifrån VU games officiella Scarface:TWIY forum. Där kan man ställa frågor som en gång i veckan besvaras av de som jobbar med spelet. Här är tre frågor och svar:

1) When you lose on a mission, you have to start it from the beginning or you collect some checkpoints like Godfather?

Failing a mission is handled in different ways depending on the mission and/or mission type. There are some missions in the game, such as Nacho’s Tanker, which are long, involve deep and varied scenarios and include a lot of combat and combat stages. For these missions, there ARE checkpoints, where if you fail or die, you will restart the mission from the last checkpoint reached.

It’s important to keep in mind that when you “die” in the game, you lose all of your dirty cash, your unsold cocaine AND any balls built up in your balls meter. It can be depressing to get killed and come back and see your balls meter empty when facing off against 15-20 enemies.

Other missions, like some of the main storyline missions where you are acquiring fronts, etc., if you fail the mission, you go back to the beginning – dropped right by the mission’s start point NPC where you can choose to restart the mission or go do something else, like sell some drugs and make money.

Drug dealing missions – if you fail one of the Felix Leads, Supplier Missions or Distribution Missions, it goes away? you then go back and pick up your sat phone and call up again to start over on another set of these missions.

Man, there are a lot of missions and mission types, eh?

2) I got a question fo ya. How to u talk to women on the game. Do u use yo taunt button or what's up??

You can walk up and talk to any woman on the street using the circle button (also the taunt button). If you walk up to a pedestrian and get close to them, you will initiate one of the 250 unique NPC dialogue chains (don’t forget to complete them all or the game isn’t considered 100% complete). You talk to them, they say something in return, you hit the circle again to keep talking and it goes on until you finish. In the beginning of the game, the women will be dissing you since you are at the bottom. They are cold-hearted, some of them.

3) how does the police system work? is it like GTA whereever u go the cops know where u are or can u hide from the cops and they wont find you?

The Police System centers around your “Police Heat” – and this shows up in two ways.

#1 – for every illegal action you undertake in high visibility areas – anywhere on the open world streets or parks or public places, you police heat meter will begin to fill up (the white bar surrounding the mini map in the lower left corner). Hitting cars or pedestrians while driving, pulling a weapon, firing a weapon, etc. will all make this meter rise. (Take note: pulling a weapon and firing a weapon on opposing gang members for instance, in an ALLEY for example, will not raise your police heat? because you are hidden in seedy backalleys.)

When the white heat bar fills, the police will start looking for you. If there’s one nearby, he’ll find you and approach you. More on that in a bit. Once that white bar is full, the police are going to swarm you, and that white bar will begin to fill with red. On the mini-map, you will see a red circle expanding out from the police that have found you. If you don’t escape the red circle on the mini-map BEFORE that red bar fills up on the heat meter, “You Are ******,” and the cops will come and kill you by any means necessary. When fleeing – watch out for the roadblocks and spike strips?

#2 – You also have an overall Police meter that climbs as the game wears on and can be managed by you and your cash. As you do illegal things, this heat will climb, which will make the police more sensitive to your actions and make your heat meter climb faster. In addition, it will also raise the rate you get at laundering money by a few percentage points. It can mean a lot of cash is lost at the bank. You can pay down your Police heat (and gang heat) through the Empire Menu using the Heat option. It costs cash, but can protect you over the long-term.

Handling the Police: So, say you’re on the street, your police heat is relatively high, you get out of your car to finish off a gang member and a policeman shows up, but you’re not in the red yet? You have options. You can 1) jump in your car and try to outrun that cop or any others in the immediate area, or 2) shoot the cop and then try to outrun the cops that will be called in, but now your heat is through the roof and you are in more danger, or 3) you can try and “fast talk” the cop – put your gun away the second you notice a cop is nearby, he will approach you with his gun drawn, walk up to him and you will have a chance to fast talk him using a golf-swing like mechanic. Succeed and you’re free and your heat is gone. Fail and he’s taking all your dirty money and drugs on hand and you have cop heat. There are benefits and drawbacks to each scenario, although there is clearly a reward for not shooting cop after cop, because there are more of them then you, you know.

[EDIT] Vill du också ställa frågor till VU games om Scarface:TWIS? Då bara reggar du dig på http://forums.vugames.com/forum.jspa?forumID=20&start=0

Nu kan du ställa frågor och skapa nya topics om Scarface.

Redigerad av Renard
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Vissa säger i slutet av september för release... andra säger att bara Xboxversionen kommer i september, och PS2 och PC-versionen kommer först sent i år. Förresten, trevliga saker i posten över. Bara det att man kan gömma sig ifrån polisen i GTA: SA i mörka gränder.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Jag hoppas att polisen verkligen arresterar en om man stoppar undan sitt vapen och ger upp. Det vore lite mer realistiskt än i GTA:SA. Där skriker de åt en att stanna. Men om man nu är en riktigt snäll pojke och gör det så kör de upp en batong i röven på en så man skriker (w00t) .

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Här är hela 9 frågor och svar:

1) I know you can smuggle drugs but how exactly does transportation work? Go-Fast-Boats? Planes?

When you start out, you are buying and selling drugs on the streets of Miami. Eventually you will grow in power and turf ownership where you need larger supplies, so off to the Islands with you. In the Islands, you’ll be able to acquire large quantities of drugs and run them back to your storehouses in Miami using one of your exotic boats – but watch out for the pirates in the Islands and the Coast Guard in Miami – they mean business. You don’t use planes for this purpose, although you use a plane to get TO the Islands every time you want to make a deal.

2) we haven't heard much about the weather in the game, and a recent article over gta's vice city stories ays that hurricanes are in their game, so did they jip that from Scarface as well?

We have weather in the game? rain storms do come and go. I wouldn’t call them hurricanes though. What kind of fun would it be to board up your mansion windows? LOL.

3) I guess there is going to be hand to hand? If so, how would he go about? Randomly punching people? Will he kick people?

There is hand to hand, include punching and counter attacks. You can’t beat on random people because of the moral code, but you can certainly shove them out of the way. Some missions require hand-to-hand to complete.

4) Shooting...what kiind of recoil will there be? will there be any at all?

Depends on the weapon.

5) Driving, will there be a lot of cars? The godfather had like 4 drivable vehicles and they were pretty much the same godamn car! Cars, Trucks...what about jeeps? Sport cars, average cars...? Speed Will there be a noticable difference in the horsepower and speed between the cars? speedometers? Fuel, will the be usable gas stations?

There will be all kinds of cars in the game, including sports cars, family cars, vans, trucks, pickups, offroad vehicles, combat vehicles with mounted guns? each handles differently.

6) Physics...what type of physics will there be? Will glass break when you shoot it? (i hhope so).

YES.

7) Will chunks of cement fly all over the place when it explodes?

YES

8) W hen you shoot a car will the mirror come off?

Car destruction varies?

will the windshield break?

YES.

or does is a vehicle one big entity that blows up if oyu shoot it enough? will it blow up only when it sustains a LARGE amount of damage,

YES

will it blow up when you shoot at a gas tank(back to the fuel question, will the car run out of fuel if you shoot its tank?)

NO

Will trees release a few peices of leaves and bark when shot?

I think so

will such things as tables flip over?

Yes

9) How many hours of gameplay can we expect from the core "missions"? Will there be side quests? something that if you didnt do before oyu beat the game can you go back and play it? like, can you keep selling? Will there be any secret missions?

It’s hard to say to an exact number, but we are estimating for an experienced player to complete the linear storyline missions and so-called “finish-the-game,” it will be between 40 and 50 hours. However, since you are off making money through the drug dealing missions, which involves buying, transporting and distributing coke to various places and using that money for countless reasons like paying off cops and gangs, buying fronts, buying exotics, etc? who knows how long it will really take. In addition – and here’s a tidbit of info for you – if you actually do 100% complete the game, which means all exotics, all NPC conversations done, and everything else in the game done to 100%, there’s a surprise for you at the end. I have no idea how long it will take to do all that though

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Lite filmclips. Btw, hörde lite av Judas Priest!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=12597&type=wmv

Åhh ser ju riktigt coolt ut! :huh: Satt och vänta på hajen i slutet, och den kom också :mellow: Vattnet håller ju inte Just Cause klass men ser ändå mkt bra ut. Ser dock ganska lätt ut, men det uppdraget kanske inte var det svåraste i spelet. :) Nee, det här blir nog grymt. Lite besviken efter Just Cause demot, men detta liret kanske blir bättre.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Gäst