Metaltråden!

Mark

Jo du, Adriian, nu har Metallica gått ner ser totalt. Lyckligtvis finns det ett riktigt thrash-metal band kvar i Big Four:

MegadethThirteen_1222713_0.jpg

Släpps 1 November. Hittills har jag bara hört en låt "Never Dead" och det bådar gott. Mycket gott. De har inte släppt sitt sound (vilket man inte kan säga om Metallica).

Mycket bra album! Gillar speciellt New World Order, Public Enemy No. 1, Sudden Death och Whose Life (Is It Anyways?.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 2 months later...

I must say, I expected nothing from this album to be honest. I had never listened to Candlemass before, only heard their name. But I do enjoy doom metal, so I decided to pick up their latest release to see what the fuss was all about. I expected slow, depressive music, like for example Reverend Bizarre, and to a certain extent I kind of got it, but I also got a kind of modern speed/powermetal, especially from Robert.

The overall sound of the instruments on the album is that of thickness and power. We're not talking BLS or Crowbar here, but a kind of distorted sound common to the genre. And Robert Lowe's voice shows many different sides in the songs on the album. It can go from lurking, sly and evil to the more theatric high-pitch of speed/powermetal (think a more downtuned Bruce Dickinson).

Leif's bass adds the power needed to really give the distorted guitars of Lars and Mappe a big boost. This combination of distortion and power works very well both in the faster and slower songs. The structure of the riffing is not too complicated, sometimes erupting into pretty groovy parts, and in the midst of all the rawness comes several solos to fulfill the songs.

However, sometimes it feels like Jan's drumming get's lost in all the heaviness. It's constantly there, but sometimes seem to drown in the powerfull guitarwork. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, since it makes you focus on the power of the songs, which in itself pulls the music forwards on it's own.

As for the lyrics, they mostly deal with evil, horror and madness. Not overly poetic (the kind of lyrics I usually prefer), instead it feels like Robert is telling you a story with every song, a good story too I might add. The verses are usually sung with that whispering, evil voice of his, while during the climax he usually changes it to his more high-pitched voice, surely inspired by King Diamond, Michael Kiske and the likes. Both voices work very well, and fits the albums image perfectly.

My favorite songs on the album must be "Demon of the Deep", a slow paced song with lyrics that no doubt should make you think of Cthulhu, if you're familiar with Lovecraft's mythical sea creature, and "House of 1000 Voices", a twisted tale about ghost children in a burnt down orphanage.

Overall, this is a modern doom metal album with good production value, heavy distortion and excellent singing and good storytelling lyrics.

80/100

Jag skrev recensionen för Encyclopedia Metallum, men de strejkar visst mot SOPA idag, så jag laddar upp den för granskning av deras admins imorgon :)

• Gilla 1
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

HOUSE OF METAL LINEUP 2012

HAIL OF BULLETS (Nederländerna)

KRUX (Sverige)

SOULDRAINER (Sverige)

AMON AMARTH (Sverige)

TIAMAT (Sverige)

THE RESISTANCE (Sverige)

ADEPT (Sverige)

HELLBOUND (Sverige)

IMMORTAL (Norge)

ENTOMBED (Sverige)

NOCTURNAL RITES (Sverige)

AMARANTHE (Sverige/Danmark)

PRAY FOR LOCUST (Sverige)

Kommer bli helt galet fett! En del band har varit frågetecken för mig, men efter en del genomlyssningar så är jag övertygad om att årets festival kommer bli den bästa på länge.

Vissa band känns dock jävligt ovärda, t.ex Adept och Amaranthe.

Aja. Immortal, Entombed, Amon Amarth, Souldrainer, Tiamat och Krux är band jag har tänkt kolla in på festivalen. Lär dyka upp ett till bandsläpp innan det drar igång.

-

För övrigt tror jag 2012 kommer bli ett bra år inom hårdrock/metal. Många stora band som släpper nytt och en del uppstickare som börjar slå igenom.

Sweden Rock och, framförallt, Metaltown har lyckats boka in en del riktigt grymma band för festivalsommaren. Bådar gott!

Redigerad av Mark
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_AuJH4Zhw0

Sinnessjuk text imo. Psykologiskt påfrestande åtminstone första gången det går upp för en vad den handlar om. Inte din generiska "blod-tarmar-död" text direkt. Här trodde man att man var härdad :rolleyes:

Christ

The suffering and misery that I endure

to harbor thoughts so brizzare

beyond impure

Mother, I'm here

to do all the things that you long for me to do

I love when we're in our reside alone late at night and you embrace me

Now you found another

to do all the things that

we used to do at night in our room

Now I experience sexual neglect at 10 years old

Now your life means nothing to me

after all the pain you caused me

Just to see you with another guy

I guess I'm the only one was just a'lie

I confront you with sexual frustration built up inside

of me but you deny the pleasure

you'll now die in vain

The suffering and misery

that I endure to see your streaks of blood still run

down the wall

You can now not leave me

but your death was not in vain

even though your body's cold

I can still enjoy you in death

Mother

Redigerad av Renard
  • Gilla 1
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Oj, bra text må jag säga och låten som helhet är inte alls tokig :o Gillar dessa texter, själv har jag jobbat på en text till en låt som går inom kategorin inavel, tabubelagt men väl så intressant att jobba med. Roligt att vrida och vända på ämnet och hitta på egna synonymer :P

Kan verkligen tipsa om skivan (The Dead Shall Inherit). Köpte den för ett tag sen. Tunga grejer. Dock bara denna sång som har en så här pass högkvalitativ text imo.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.guitarworld.com/replay-metal-masters-3-clinic

Satans helvete, bland det absolut grymmaste och roligaste jag sett på riktigt länge. Började se vid ungefär 2 timmar och 18 minuter och till slutet, fan helt omkullslagen!

1. Raining Blood

2. Angel of Death

3. Mouth for War

4. A New Level

5. This Love

6. Walk

7. Fucking Hostile

8. Hole in the Sky

post-12688-0-81962800-1334445565.png

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

26/06/2012

Explosia - L’Enfant Sauvage - The Axe - Liquid Fire - The Wild Healer - Planned Obsolescence - Mouth Of Kala - The Gift Of Guilt - Pain Is A Master - Born In Winter - The Fall

Är så sjukt förväntansfull inför det här. Vet inte hur många gånger jag och mina närmsta polare har glidit runt i bilen och kört alla Gojiras plattor på max. Underbart band!

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Är så sjukt förväntansfull inför det här. Vet inte hur många gånger jag och mina närmsta polare har glidit runt i bilen och kört alla Gojiras plattor på max. Underbart band!

Hear, hear! Gojira är mitt absoluta favoritband, är så sjukt taggad över det här albumet.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor