Xbox360 - Tråden

DimpZ

Haha, skön kille. (w00t)

A staffer at a Michigan Wal-Mart mailed in to let us know about a rather funny 'Xbox 360' which passed through their returns center. A guy returned an original Xbox spray painted in white and put it in an Xbox 360 box bundled with some official accessories but also a random power adapter and regular phone cord. When this was noticed by management, the returnee ran out of the store as fast he could.

360sca_827640_0.jpg

quote:

"I work at a wal-mart in michigan and had a rather funny looking "xbox 360" come through our return center. As you can tell by the pictures, it isnothing more than and original xbox spray painted white. Obviously when

this was noticed at the store, management was called, at which point the person returning this ran out the door leaving his xbox behind. The picture of the misc. cords is what was put in the 360 box with system.

There was a regular phone cord, standard stereo cables, the actual headset and ethernet cable, and a random ac adapter. he does get props on a good paintjob though."

Tänk om han hade lyckats lura dom... haha, fan vad roligt det hade varit. Ännu bättre om han eller någon annan filmat allt.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Gates: Xbox is a PC

The most surprising part of today's conversation with Bill Gates was when he not only fessed up to the Xbox being a glorified computer, something Microsoft has been denying since 1.0 launched, but said that Microsoft wouldn't have gotten into gaming if it was only ever going to be about the gaming.

"The reason we got into Xbox was not just for gaming," he said. "It's a general purpose computer. In terms of the first generation in particular, where we were so known as a PC company, the need to make clear how we were prioritizing the needs of demanding gamers, that was super important.

"We wouldn't have done it if it was just a gaming device," he said. "We wouldn't have gone into the category at all. It was strategically getting into the living room. This is not some big secret, Sony says the same things."

Gates added that before Microsoft could talk about that though, they had to establish their system as being gaming centric, earn themselves gaming cred. Now that they have established the brand, Gates said, Microsoft feels more confident in branching out with the console.

This year, he said, is a "huge milestone" for the Xbox, because it has gone from a gaming device to something much more.

"When you talk about convergence, its the first device you can say that really say this is convergence this is real," he said.

Despite Microsoft's attention to consoles, Gates and the company haven't and won't give up on the PC gaming market, he said.

The two, Gates believe, can co-exist.

"I can stick up for both the PC model where you don't pay any royalties, you can introduce games without asking anybody, that's a great thing. And you will see a lot of innovation," he said. "PC gaming is where you will see that really cutting edge high-end type stuff happening. As the Xbox gets cheaper and cheaper some very cool things happen there."

"But both of these models, even in the living room are still very, I think very important. The kind of openness and variety of the PC, and then the kind of very inexpensive deep integration that Xbox represents. Really bootstrapping off of video gaming but being far more than that."

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/gizmodo/gates...a-pc-226814.php

Först sa Sony att PS3 var en dator, och nu ska visst 360 vara en PC. Jag ser personligen inte mycket annat än spel och, i staterna, nerladdning av TV-serier på 360. Ska bli intressant att se vad han menar med en PC.

Sonys dator-ambitioner har lyckats till en viss grad och kommer säkert att fortsätta utvecklas, men det till stor del tack vare Linux-delen. Någon sådan har ju inte 360.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Först sa Sony att PS3 var en dator, och nu ska visst 360 vara en PC. Jag ser personligen inte mycket annat än spel och, i staterna, nerladdning av TV-serier på 360. Ska bli intressant att se vad han menar med en PC.

Sonys dator-ambitioner har lyckats till en viss grad och kommer säkert att fortsätta utvecklas, men det till stor del tack vare Linux-delen. Någon sådan har ju inte 360.

Windows 360. :wub:

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Är det ovärt att köpa xbox360 om man inte har en HDTV? :D

Körde Saints Row idag på en vanlig SDTV och jag var förbluffad av hur mycket det skiljer sig. Såg ut som ett upphottat GTA eller nåt. Men i 720p ser det otroligt snyggt ut.

Här är föresten en bild av min karaktär. Kvalitén är sådär eftersom jag fotograferat med en vanlig kamera på en skärm.

Ja, det är en Platium-shotgun=p

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Det är svårt att säga att dagens konsoller inte är en PC. :D

Ända sen N64 kom ut används mer och mer pc komponenter i konsollerna.

Det som skulle skilja en konsoll från en dator är nog följande:

1. Spelen är designade för konsollen. och inte mittemot där man måste ha en bra PC för dagens spel,

alltså en dyr PC för Pc spel.

2. Begränsningen är 10X större.

Personligen tycker jag att Sony har gjort PS3 lite för lik en dator. Jag menar om man kollar på den så har den massor av onödiga saker. te.x kort läsare för SD, MD. PÅ EN KONSOLL!!!

Xbox 360 är mer för vardags rummet med hemma bio system och ultimat anläggning. Men problemet är att knappt hälften av alla X360 ägare har ett sådant system.

BTW:

Har hört att man kan surfa på Xbox 360?

Typ att man lägger en hemsida i sin delade mapp på datorn och sen kan man öppna den i Xbox 360 och surfa vidare där....

Nån som kan bekräfta.. :shifty:

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Det är ju därför Sony släppt en billigare version av PS3 utan kort-läsare och inte lika stor hårddisk. För dom som mest vill ha PS3 för att spela på och kanske se en film på.

Och ja, alla konsoler, t.o.m. NES, är datorer. Men Bill Gates sa PC, vilket är lite mer specifierat än dator.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor