Stuntare:SuB

Det här kanske kan hjälpa. >_<

--------------------------

Installing GTALC

by Torque

Last Updated: Oct. 14, 2007

--------------------------

Background:

GTA Liberty City is a mod created by the GTALC team over at GTAForums. Over the many years several betas have been released of the mod with a final release due some time in the near future. The most frequently used beta of the GTALC stunt-wise is beta 1. So I will be teaching you how to install that. When I had first started stunting I had always wanted to stunt in LC but I could never get the mod to work for me. I had been baffled as to why the mod would not work for me and I was able to bypass the problem on one eventful day.

Basically this tutorial will teach you how to install the GTALC (beta 1) mod without any problems or errors that prevent the game from running.

-----------------

Getting Started

-----------------

• The first thing you will need to do is open up to your Grand Theft Auto Vice City folder which should be located in the following directory; "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games"

• Then right-click your Grand Theft Auto Vice City folder and select copy. After doing so, right-click again and then select paste. You should paste the folder into the same directory; "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games". Once it has finished right-click and rename the folder to Grand Theft Auto Liberty City. This is going to be the folder you install the modification into.

GTA:WO is another full-scale map modification, it was originally intended to be a GTA3 and Vice City online multiplayer mod but plans changed when the GTA3 was brought into the Vice City source engine. You can visit the GTA World Online site here.

-----------------
    Get GTA:WO
    -----------------
    • Heres a funny little step related to GTA:WO, and it's something 95% of you have probably never heard of, but do it anyways. Go over to PlanetGrandTheftAuto.com and download the GTA:WO mod. Here is another download link which will enable you to download GTA:WO from FileFront. GTA:WO Installation [FileFront]
      • Now just wait until GTA:WO is finished downloading.

Installation
        -----------------
        Alright now pay very close attention and do the following steps in the correct order, one small mistake and you'll be forced to start all over again from the beginning.
        • Once GTA:WO is finished downloading, extract the files from the zip / rar (depending on which one you downloaded. It will not effect the installing of LC in any matter whatsoever) into a folder.

• Next you must open up the folder and install GTA:WO by following the on-screen instructions. You will eventually get up to a step where it will ask you for the location of your root Vice City folder. Do not install the mod in your Vice City folder, but instead into the Liberty City folder I had asked you to make earlier on.

• Your next job is to find a download of GTALC Beta 1, the fastest and most resourceful way of doing so, since your reading this tutorial is to go into the GTAStuntingMods Account and find the link to it. But since you are reading this tutorial just keep on reading and click the underlined text right here, and you will be taken to the FileFront installation of the LC Mod.

• Once your download is complete, open up the zip / rar and extract the files into any separate folder. Double-click on the setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to install LC. You will eventually be asked where the executable of Vice City is located. Just guide it to the same folder you had install the GTA:WO mod in, located at the directory; "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Liberty City"

• Now everything should be set up perfectly and your ready to go.

-----------------

Desktop Icon

-----------------

The main reason you want to create a desktop icon is to make it easier for you to launch the LC mod instead of going into it's root folder and launching the .exe. It is a very resourceful convenience to have for any GTA stunter.

[*]During your installation of the LC mod you must've came across a small box that had asked you if you wanted to create a desktop icon, and hopefully you selected "Yes", if not theres no need to worry, I will tell you how to create one just shortly.

[*]If you had selected "Yes", then there should already be a icon on your desktop. Double-click it and run LC. Oh noes the game crashed, that bastard Torque lied to us, he said we would be able to play LC without any problems or errors! Anyways theres a easy way to fix this, just right-click the icon and go to the properties.

[*]A box will come up, go to the part where it says Target. There will be a line that says; "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Liberty City\gta-lc.exe", just change that line into "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Liberty City\gta-vc.exe" and your desktop icon will work perfectly.

If you has chosen not to create an icon then follow the said steps. Otherwise just skip the rest of this section.

[*]Go into your C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Liberty City folder and there will be a few .exes, delete the "gta-lc.exe" and the "lc-laucnher", you will never need to use those two to start up LC, then find your "gta-vc.exe and right-click it. Go down to send to, and send it to the desktop / create an icon. Once that is done, you will have a icon on your desktop that sort of looks like your "Play GTA Vice City" icon. Not to worry, just right-click it, go down to properties and a box will come up. In the box near the bottom of it you will have an option to "Change Icon". Click on that and another box will pop up. Then just go to "Browse" and guide yourself to; C:\ProgramFiles\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Liberty City\icons\" folder and select the filed entitled "app". After that is done just press "Ok" on both of the open boxes and exit out.

-----------------

Important Notes

-----------------

There are several things you must know once you've finished following this tutorial.

[*]Your Vice City and Liberty City reps will be saved in the same folder; "GTA Vice City User Files", so just get comfy with that.

[*]On an extremely rare occasion, if you get an error about a missing "comdlg32.ocx" go over to this site and follow the instructions given.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope you have a blast stunting LC as much as I have had.

-Torque

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor