Burger city

Delfi

i hope you don't mind me writing in english but seeing as i don't know swedish

and the forum is in english interface (most part) i guess you should understand.

a question:

http://www.gtamods.com/index.php?go=Mods&Game=1&Type=1

do you actualy have permission to offer burger city for download?

did you ask the autobahn crew (which i guess is impossible)

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

So you managed to register. That's hard enought ^_^

About the question.

No, we don't have permisson for Burger City. As you said, the autobahn crew is dead since long ago. We have tried to contact them, but with no luck. However, since this is one of the best map for GTA, more then 4 years old and almost forgotten, we think they would permit it. I know, only based on a guess :lol:

The policy for GTAMods.com is to not steal others mods (compares to other sites...). This is a borderline case but in some cases you need to "feel" what is right and wrong...

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 3 months later...

It's not entierly impossible to ask us... it's just a matter of time before we hunt down the bastards that without permission distributes Burger City!

No, I'm just kidding... B)

I am half the Crew who made Burger City all those years ago, and today I just accidently stumbled accross this page and thought I might write a line or two.

As our page, Grand Theft Autobahn, is long gone I guess it's just nice to see that Burger City still is alive after so many years. What I want to say is that you can keep Burger City up till I say otherwise.

So very cool that people still remembers BC... thanx for all the nice comments in the forum guys!

Ni vet väl förresten om att vi i "The Crew" är svenskar va? :(

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

If you are swedish how is it possible you can't speak swedish? -_- Burger City is definitely one of the greatest mods for GTA and I remember that I laughed my ass off when I played the map for the first time and saw that you had replaced the bazooka with a dressing gun! And all the crazy cars... :rolleyes:

Btw, did you ever make a 24 bit version of the texture file?

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Jag kan skriva på svenska hur mycket som helst, som jag faktiskt gjorde sista meningen om du kollar igen... :rolleyes:

Anledningen till att jag skrev på engelska var för att hela tråden var på engelska innan och jag ville ju inte lämna nån stackare utanför.

We started working on Burger City v3.0 the last thing we did, but sadly we never finished it.

I don't remember if we were about to add all the new graphic to the 24-bit texture, but I do know that in version 2.2 it's still the 8-bit texture that is the only one with all the changes.

Tack förresten för de varma orden om Burger City... jag vet att banan står ut lite i mängden om man så säger. -_-

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Helt okej med frågor. Jag är så fascinerad av att folk kommer ihåg Burger City än idag, och det är härligt att minnas tillbaka till "den gamla goda tiden". :rolleyes:

1. Det var jag och en kompis (inte mycket till "crew" direkt...) som jobbade med Burger City och vår sida, Grand Theft Autobahn. Vi är 23 idag, så vi var väl 17-18 nånting på den tiden.

2. Burger City och hemsidan tog upp en hel del av fritiden, vad jag kommer ihåg. Jag kollade runt lite här och såg att vi släppte v1.0 i slutet av maj -98, och sista officiella versionen är ju 2.2, vilken kom ut i mars -99. Sen jobbade vi såklart ett tag innan vi släppte 1:an, så ungefär ett år lite drygt.

3. Hehe... The EMA-house. ;)

The Autobahn Crew's fina internskämt som jag inte tror många förstår... och säkerligen är det många som inte hittat dit heller.

Eftersom det gått så många år nu kan jag väl avslöja att EMA-huset ligger längst ner till vänster, och för att komma dit måste man hitta en hemlig väg som startar på nivån under vanliga gatuplanet. Mer säger jag inte. -_-

Redigerad av TheAutobahnGuy
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Burger City går inte att glömma -_-

Om jag inte minns fel vet var ingången till EMA-huset är :lol:

Råkade komma in där en gång tack vare en hammares ständiga dampanfall.

Åk in i den stora 12-vägars-korsningen och navigera mot parken. Någonstans ska det finnas en osynlig ingång i väggen som leder till EMA-huset.

Av någon anledning har jag ett negativt minne av EMA-huset (w00t)

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor