Titta hit alla som försöker modda i ZM

Toidi

En liten Guide till ZM som jag hittade:

As time goes by, more and more ppl join the modding community. To bring you up to speed, i present this companion to go with fonnybone's. This one is a bit more advanced, so be wary.

3d Car modelling

To begin with, you'll need the following tools:

an IMG Extractor/Importer (imgtool)

a txd tool (txdtool, txdgold, reshack)

Zmodeler (www.zmodeler.com)

An image editor (paint, Photoshop, psp, etc, its for modding the textures)

All the files you need can be found at www.gta3mods.com, except Zmodeler, which can be found at www.zmodeler.com

Ok, the Kuruma is a popular car, so we'll use it for our example.

Extracting a vehicle -

Using your img tool of choice, open up GTA3.IMG, in your gta3 models folder, and find the files "kuruma.dff", and "kuruma.txd", they are NOT case sensitive. Now, wherever you want to store your cars (i keep mine in a folder on my desktop, called "Mycars"), put a folder, named "kuruma" and extract your kuruma.dff, and txd files into this newly created folder. For the next part i used reshack. I use reshack because it exports in the .tga format, which i prefer over .bmp.

Getting the vehicle into Zmodeler -

(this portion was written using Reshack, i havent tried any other programs)

Ok, using reshack, open up the kuruma.txd, it should be in the folder you created above. Once you have the txd open, export all of the textures in the txd, into the EXACT SAME folder as your kuruma.dff. if you dont, your car is going to appear white and untextured. Once you have done that, close reshack. The newly created .tga's can now be edited (with the image editor of your choice, I recommend Photoshop). Now, open up Zmodeler, from zmod, choose File / Import, and locate the kuruma.dff, in the folder we created above, and select it.

Now you should have the kuruma loaded up into zmodeler, fully textured (zmod auto-loads .tga textures that are in the same directory as the model, .bmp's usually give me trouble). If your textures look messed up somehow, try flipping them vertically, this usually does the trick. If not, i dont have an answer. In fact, ive never had a problem with that...

A bit of zmod info...

Glass on the cars is NOT textured. Instead of texturing the glass on the vehicles, the objects that use the glass material, are represented in the Material Editor by this name, "Matte 0xXXXXXX", where "X" is, the RGB values of the of the material. To change the color of the material, slide the bars named R, G and B, until you achieve your desired color.

Exporting: once you are done modding the car, its will be time to export the modified .dff back into the folder you created . if you decided to add/delete parts, you'll want to check the hierarchy (Tools / Hierarchy / Browser...)

much to my chagrin, i have decided to post the stock kuruma hierarchy here. this applies to ALL cars, just change the name "Kuruma" to whatever car it is your modding...

Kuruma

chassis_dummy

ped_backseat

ped_frontseat

exhaust

windscreen_dummy

windscreen_hi_ok

windscreen_hi_dam

bump_rear_dummy

bump_rear_hi_ok

bump_hi_rear_dam

boot_dummy (trunk)

boot_hi_ok

boot_hi_dam

door_rr_dummy

door_rr_hi_ok

door_rr_hi_dam

door_lr_dummy

door_lr_hi_ok

door_lr_hi_dam

wing_rf_dummy

wing_rf_hi_ok

wing_rf_hi_dam

wing_lf_dummy

wing_lf_hi_ok

wing_lf_hi_dam

door_rf_dummy

door_rf_hi_ok

door_rf_hi_dam

door_lf_dummy

door_lf_hi_ok

door_lf_hi_dam

bonnet_dummy (hood)

bonnet_hi_ok

bonnet_hi_dam

bump_front_dummy

bump_front_hi_ok

bump_front_hi_dam

chassis_hi

steerwheel_dummy

chassis_vlo

chassis_vlo_taillight

chassis_vlo_headlight

breaklights

reverselights

headlights

indicators_back

indicators_font

taillights

wheel_rb_dummy

wheel_lb_dummy

wheel_rf_dummy

wheel_lf_dummy

------------------------end of hierarchy

chassis_hi is the main section of the body, the roof, rear fenders and door frame+interior reside here

bonnet = hood

boot = trunk

ok = normal part

dam = damaged part

dummy objects are the objects location ingame. doors, bonnets and boots rotate around the xyz coordinates, and rotation of the dummy object. for doors its best to place the dummy object for the front door where it meets the chassi_hi, for the rear doors, i recommend placing it, where it meets the front door. for the hood and bonnet, place the dummy objects where the parts would meet the chassis_hi

Note, if you were to use dmagic's wheelmod, part of the hierarchy would change to this:

wheel_rb_dummy

wheel_rb

wheel_lb_dummy

wheel_lb

wheel_rf_dummy

wheel_rf

wheel_lf_dummy

wheel_lf

For more info on actually building a new car, and general tips and instructions on how to use Zmodeler, you can get some good tutorials at www.zmodeler.com

Modding the textures:

Using the methods I've listed above, use a image editing program that support's the .tga format (preferably in 32-bit) to open up the image, mod it how you see fit, and save it. Use reshack to immport the texture back into the game.

For higher quality results, use txdtool, which will export the image as a 24-bit bitmap image.

Most of the standard images sizes are 64x64, and 128x128. Yes, these are small, if you wish to be able to import larger images, use txdgold, which can import an image of any size. For more instructions, see the readme that comes with it.

Getting it ingame

so now that have modded your car how you want to, its time to get it ingame. Going back to your img tool, open up the GTA3.IMG file again, and select the kuruma.dff, and choose import. import your modded.dff over the original, but do NOT import your modded txd yet. Now close your GTA3.IMG, and open up your TXD.IMG. Once you have your TXD.IMG opened up, find the file Kuruma.txd, and import your modded txd over it. Be sure to re-build the archive each time you import a file into any img file. If you do not have a TXD.IMG file, you need to start your game all the way. while its loading you should get a message saying "Now optimizing txtures for your video card" or something similar, this is when its creating the TXD.IMG

THat should be all. I wrote this at 3am, so sorry if some of the spelling or instructions seem off. If you have any questions, leave them here, and ill try to answer them as best as i can. Happy Modding!

Edit: 3/23/03 - Added instructions on changing car names below

Explanation of how to change the car names, using the gta mods GXT Editor. first of all, select the car you want to change the name of, then go to the data folder, and open up the default.ide

Scroll down a bit, and youll see all the cars, with lines of text after them, like this (this is the Landstalker)

90, landstal, landstal, car, LANDSTAL, LANDSTK, richfamily, 10, 7, 0, 164, 0.8

The game name is what you need to find. I highlighted and underlined it above. Ok, now open up the american.gxt (or wahtever language your using) and find the that same Håller med till 100%!, again its LANDSTK in this case. The "value" for this entry is "Landstalker", and this is where you can change it. Simple eh?

repeat for any car's name you wanna change, and be sure to save

Hoppas att det hjälpte några iallafall mig. :teehee:

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor