Här e svaren på frågorna

NamChai

FANSITE Q&A

1. "What are some major improvements in the pedestrian/police AI?" - Casey "Zidane" Mongillo / www.gtagaming.com

ROCKSTAR: Yes. Enemies in general will now do a much better job of taking cover and attempting to flank CJ. Pedestrians are now frightened of things they should be frightened of (like when a large military vehicle appears in a residential area), they hold hands, they have their own daily lives and destinations.

2. "Have the helicopter and plane height limits been increased?" - Gta-Expert / www.gtagaming.com

ROCKSTAR: Massively increased. Mount Chiliad is over half a mile tall, and you can fly well above its height.

3. What methods of air transportation can we expect? – JulioCaesar / PlanetGrandTheftAuto

ROCKSTAR: All kinds, most things you see in the air in the real world you'll see in San Andreas.

4. In several screenshots and the first trailer for San Andreas, Carl was playing basketball and pool. Are these cut scenes or can you play them and also what other mini-games are there? - Gangstaman590 / PlanetGrandTheftAuto

ROCKSTAR: The one of Smoke and Sweet playing basketball was a cutscene. The pool shot is CJ actually playing pool. There are too many mini-games to list here, rest assured there will be tons of fun stuff to do!

5. Will police chase other criminals besides Carl Johnson? For example, will you see a car chase go by with police going after someone? Or if not that, if someone shoots at Carl and a cop sees it, will the cop chase after him or you? - Arjuna Bosch / PlanetGrandTheftAuto

ROCKSTAR: Yes to both questions. San Andreas is a dangerous place, and you're not the only criminal about!

6. "In Vice City, driving a car up onto the packer and then driving the packer results in the car sliding off. Have the physics been changed so that trucks and trailers can carry cars properly? - (GTA3Freak-2001) / GTA Network / GTAScraper

ROCKSTAR: We have a surprise in store for you on this one.

7. Will the gameplay of Las Venturas include gambling, if so, what options are open to us? - (zeppelincheetah) / GTA Network / GTAScraper

ROCKSTAR: Yes on gambling (a number of the mini-games we mentioned). Details on this will be released soon, but I can reveal that there will be a number of gambling types you can choose from.

8. Will we be able to find any sub-plots in the deserts/woods or just random rampages? - (smithstock) / GTA Network / GTAScraper

ROCKSTAR: There are always subplots in GTA games! There will be missions in the countryside and desert along those lines.

9. What will be blocking us from entering the other cities/locations? - (Dead at 4 PM) / GTA Network / GTAScraper

ROCKSTAR: There is some story wrapped up in this, but to answer your question, a 4 star wanted level any time you leave the areas you've opened. And this particular wanted level you cannot shed with things like Pay & Spray or Police Bribes. This means that you can explore areas of the state you haven't opened, but only with a small army of police officers hunting you down!

10. How do you choose actors to voice the characters? Is it a long process, or do you just pick people with well-known names? - SwissMiss33 / GTA Warehouse

ROCKSTAR: It's a long process, we choose actors who will give us the performance we're looking for. Since we don't promote our games based off the voice actors in it, the name recognition isn't important to us.

11. What role have trolleys (trams)? Can we use others public service vehicles like airplanes and boats? - (lefantome) / GTAnetwork.it

ROCKSTAR: They function as public transport, which CJ can use. The train is the other public service you can ride around the state.

12. Will there be animals in San Andreas like dogs, pigs and cows? What kind of interaction we have with them and can they react if scared? - (Thomasbz & El Presy & God_of_GTA) / GTAnetwork.it

ROCKSTAR: No, another funny rumor, that one started by an audio clip on the website that mentioned a K-9 unit. We don't particularly like the idea of children or small fuzzy animals in our games.

13. Can we buy vehicles too or we have just to steal them? - (MxM) / GTAnetwork.it

ROCKSTAR: You can buy vehicles, but not every one in the game. There will be a couple dealers who will sell some of the higher-end vehicles to you, but only after you've done a bit of work for them.

14. We must spend with a game about 150 hours to complete San Andreas. Is this number of hours to complete main story or 100% of the game? - (Mastah) / GTA.pl

ROCKSTAR: That number is really general. We don't like giving a number like that out, because invariably questions like these come up, but people insist on putting a number on the games. Obviously there are very different ways of playing Grand Theft Auto. Some players just like to "play-through", finishing the main storyline or getting to 100% as fast as they can. Other people go at the main storyline at a more leisurely pace. And some people never even really play the story at all, they might just download cheats and sandbox around the map. Our guess of 150 hours is the amount of time we think it would take someone to hit 100% who wasn't rushing through the game as quickly as possible with a strategy guide.

15. In which way we will choose the second gun? From a menu; using other keys, etc.? - (Mastah) / GTA.pl

ROCKSTAR: If you're referring to holding dual-weapons, the second weapon is always the same as the primary so there is no selection process. Once your skill level with a weapon is high enough, holding 2 becomes possible, and they're linked by a single firing button (though you must find a second gun!). If your question is more general, then hopefully this answers it: gun selection works exactly like it did in Vice. You can carry one weapon of each type at a time. If you want to replace your current weapon with another of the same type, hold down L1 while standing over it. Your old weapon will be permanently discarded. Cycle though your available weapons with L2 and R2. Circle to fire!

16. When R* make their vector images of GTA characters and stuff, do they start with an actual screenshot or photo or just start drawing it from scratch? - Tibor

Vehicles are often created from renders or screenshots, and characters are most often done off of photographs or concept sketches. You'll be interested to note though, Tibor, that the images are drawn by hand with pencil and ink. They're then scanned and colored in Adobe Photoshop. Once finished, the images are hand-traced in Adobe Illustrator, a labor-intensive process, but the results are worth it!

17. Is it easy to get rich or will have to battle your way trough the game? - (Christoph Decker) / gtareactor.de

ROCKSTAR: If you focus on earning money, you will find ways to add to your roll even early on. As usual with Grand Theft Auto, how you spend your time is up to you!

18. When did you start working on SA? Did you work on it simultaneously with Vice City? - Alexander Grenberg / GTAsajten

ROCKSTAR: We started work right as Vice City was finishing up.

19. There were 97 vehicles in gta vice city, how many are there going to be in gta san andreas? - (Martin Glomb) / www.gta-action.com

ROCKSTAR: San Andreas will have over double the number of vehicles in Vice City.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

9.  What will be blocking us from entering the other cities/locations? - (Dead at 4 PM) /  GTA Network / GTAScraper

ROCKSTAR:  There is some story wrapped up in this, but to answer your question, a 4 star wanted level any time you leave the areas you've opened.  And this particular wanted level you cannot shed with things like Pay & Spray or Police Bribes.  This means that you can explore areas of the state you haven't opened, but only with a small army of police officers hunting you down!

Detta förstår jag inte riktigt... Menar de att man kan utforska hela Staten från början fast med endast ett fåtal poliser och att man bara kan ha t.ex. 2 poliser i förstad staden, 4 i andra och 6 i tredje?

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Detta förstår jag inte riktigt... Menar de att man kan utforska hela Staten från början fast med endast ett fåtal poliser och att man bara kan ha t.ex. 2 poliser i förstad staden, 4 i andra och 6 i tredje?

4 stjärnor i LS, 5 i SF, 6 i LV skulle ja tro..

men det där skulle va redigt tråkigt om man kan hoppa in i en dodo och flyga till LV i början av spelet, (medans poliserna står hjälplösa på marken), det skulle vara tråkigt, man vill göra sig förtjänt av LV, visst kan man inte röra sig fritt, det kommer ju poliser hela tiden när man är i LV; men man kan ju ändå utforska LV (ja eller SF) från luften..

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

4 stjärnor i LS, 5 i SF, 6 i LV skulle ja tro..

men det där skulle va redigt tråkigt om man kan hoppa in i en dodo och flyga till LV i början av spelet, (medans poliserna står hjälplösa på marken), det skulle vara tråkigt, man vill göra sig förtjänt av LV, visst kan man inte röra sig fritt, det kommer ju poliser hela tiden när man är i LV; men man kan ju ändå utforska LV (ja eller SF) från luften..

Jag uppfattade det mer som att man får fyra stjärnor bara man lämnar LS, sen så går det inte att få bort dom på något sätt...

Vad det gäller flygplanet, man tycker ju att poliserna borde ha nåt sätt att ta ner dig på...

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Jag uppfattade det mer som att man får fyra stjärnor bara man lämnar LS, sen så går det inte att få bort dom på något sätt...

Vad det gäller flygplanet, man tycker ju att poliserna borde ha nåt sätt att ta ner dig på...

jo precis, så uppfattade jag det också, men jag menar att sen när man har låst upp SF så kan man få fem stjärnor, och då får man säkert det när man försöker ta sig till LV.. :lol:

mah frågan är ju om dom har bättrat på något sådant, det jobbigaste lär ju bli maverickarna men dom lär ju inte ha en chans mot att flyga ikapp dodon.. :)

Redigerad av Rockaway
Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

jo precis, så uppfattade jag det också, men jag menar att sen när man har låst upp SF så kan man få fem stjärnor, och då får man säkert det när man försöker ta sig till LV.. :lol:

Jaa, ok, förstår, men "a 4 star wanted level any time you leave the areas you've opened." talar väl för sig själv? :)

Jag antog att man kunde få alla stjärnor från början, men nu blev jag osäker, kanske är så att man måste låsa upp stjärnor också...

Kommer inte ihåg hur det var i dom tidigare spelen med det?

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Om jag ska sammanfatta det ni sagt så är det nog såhär:

När man åker till ett ställe man inte låst upp så får man 4 "poliser" efter sig och det hindrar en från att utforska de ställena på närmare håll. På så sätt gör R* att de kan placera ut flygplan på första "ön" och samtidigt gör att man stannar där. :lol:

om ni förstår vad jag menar...

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Om jag ska sammanfatta det ni sagt så är det nog såhär:

När man åker till ett ställe man inte låst upp så får man 4 "poliser" efter sig och det hindrar en från att utforska de ställena på närmare håll. På så sätt gör R* att de kan placera ut flygplan på första "ön" och samtidigt gör att man stannar där. :)

om ni förstår vad jag menar...

Men om man har ett flyg på första staden, kan man väll bara flyga runt? Inte så lätt för polisen att skjuta ner en då :lol:

Eller har jag fattat det fel?

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

Men om man har ett flyg på första staden, kan man väll bara flyga runt? Inte så lätt för polisen att skjuta ner en då :lol:

Eller har jag fattat det fel?

det är precis det jag menar.. att det borde ju bli busenkelt att se hur de andra städerna ser ut..

AgamemnoN: allså i dom andra spelen har de la varit såhär:

GTA3: 4a första ön, 5 andra ön, 6 tredje ön

i VC kommer ja tusan inte ihåg hur de va :S kanske 5+6 eller 4+6 :S

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

tänkte på det här med att det blir fyra stjärnor när man lämnar en stad för att komma till en annan stad. Är det verkligen den bäst lösningen att se till så att man inte tar sig till dom andra städerna innan man ha klarat uppdragen...man behöver bara ta fusket lower wanted level så blir man ju av med polisen...eller?

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

det är precis det jag menar.. att det borde ju bli busenkelt att se hur de andra städerna ser ut..

AgamemnoN: allså i dom andra spelen har de la varit såhär:

GTA3: 4a första ön, 5 andra ön, 6 tredje ön

i VC kommer ja tusan inte ihåg hur de va :S kanske 5+6 eller 4+6 :S

dom kanske kallar in flygplan som skjuter ner en? :):lol:

Lämnar man det området som man "ska" vara i får man 4 stjärnor... alltså borde de väll mena att man blir jagad av polisen och FBI?

Är de inte såhär? (kan säker ha fel.. ett tag sen jag spelade)

*-Polisen jagar dig

**-Poliserna försöker skjuta dig

***-Poliser och SWAT (?)

****-Poliser,SWAT och FBI

*****-Millitären

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

4. In several screenshots and the first trailer for San Andreas, Carl was playing basketball and pool. Are these cut scenes or can you play them and also what other mini-games are there? - Gangstaman590 / PlanetGrandTheftAuto

ROCKSTAR: The one of Smoke and Sweet playing basketball was a cutscene. The pool shot is CJ actually playing pool. There are too many mini-games to list here, rest assured there will be tons of fun stuff to do!

Kan man inte spela Basket :'( nej, mina förväntningar har förstörts

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

dom kanske kallar in flygplan som skjuter ner en? :):lol:

Lämnar man det området som man "ska" vara i får man 4 stjärnor... alltså borde de väll mena att man blir jagad av polisen och FBI?

Är de inte såhär? (kan säker ha fel.. ett tag sen jag spelade)

*-Polisen jagar dig

**-Poliserna försöker skjuta dig

***-Poliser och SWAT (?)

****-Poliser,SWAT och FBI

*****-Millitären

I Vice City såg det ut såhär:

* - Några poliser eller någon få polis försöker slå ner dig.

** - Poliserna avlossar skott mot dig och jagar dig ständigt med polisbilar.

*** - Ovanstående + 2 st agenter med uzi:s i cheetah's jagar dig, en helikopter också. Vägspärrar ( tror jag ).

**** - Ovanstående + SWAT-Enforcers.

***** - Ovanstående + FBI, 2 helikoptrar.

****** - Militär och markpolis.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

I Vice City såg det ut såhär:

* - Några poliser eller någon få polis försöker slå ner dig.

** - Poliserna avlossar skott mot dig och jagar dig ständigt med polisbilar.

*** - Ovanstående + 2 st agenter med uzi:s i cheetah's jagar dig, en helikopter också. Vägspärrar ( tror jag ).

**** - Ovanstående + SWAT-Enforcers.

***** - Ovanstående + FBI, 2 helikoptrar.

****** - Militär och markpolis.

En stjärna är ju så att polisen försöker ta dig om dom råkar se dig, medans två stjärnor söker dom upp dig för att ta dig.

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra sidor

• 2 weeks later...